Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Taj Mahal

I never thought that the Taj Mahal would be this big. It is enormous! Our guide took us through the grand gate of the Taj, I stopped and admired the gate itself for about an hour.

As we made our way towards the wonder, our guide insisted that we admire the symmetry. Honestly, if it wasn't for him, I would not have even noticed half the things. It took Shah Jahan, the emperor about 17 years to build the Taj Mahal and 5 years to build the surroundings, a total of 'year twenty twos' as our guide likes to say it. 

Ever since I was a child, I always heard that the Taj Mahal is a symbol of love. Well, now that I have learned a little more about it, it means much more than that. It represents the determination of the emperor, the eagerness to build something unique, and something symbolic by which him and his wife will be remembered. 

I like the concept of being remembered. At times, I wonder if I have done something that people can remember me by. I encourage you to read more about how the Taj Mahal was built, I mean the nitty gritty construction of it, how the marble was transported, how the stones were carved it, etc. It is truly amazing. Hopefully, it will inspire you to do something good, something ever-lasting, something you will be remembered by. 



No comments:

Post a Comment