Thursday, February 20, 2014

Green Swiss Fusilli

If there is one thing I cannot say no to when it comes to food, it's pasta! I always order the 'Garlic Noodles' at P.F. Chang's or the 'Seafood Alfredo' at Olive Garden. Pasta is a regular meal at our house. 

I usually cook dinner with some kind of meat, but sometimes for a slight change, I stick to my vegetarian dishes. I am not the kind of person that can strictly follow a recipe, so I develop the recipe as I go along. This is just another one of those spur-of-the-moment recipes which turned out pretty tasty! 


I used the following ingredients: 
* 3 cups of fusilli pasta
* 1/4 cup of butter
* 1/4 tsp grated garlic
* 1 green pepper
* 1 red onion
* 6 okra
* 3 slices of Swiss cheese
* 1 slice of cheddar cheese
* 3/4 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp pepper 
* 1/4 tsp paprika 
* 1 tsp of lemon juice 
* 1/4 tsp orange zest
* water to boil pasta

The quantity of these ingredients may vary according to your taste preference. 

Step 1: Dice the vegetables. 


Step 2: In a pan, melt butter and add garlic. In a pot, boil the pasta. 

 
Step 3: To the butter, add vegetables and sauté on medium heat. 

Step 4: Once the pasta is boiled, drain the water out using a colander. Note: Do not overboil the pasta, or it will become mushy. 

Step 5: Add the sautéd vegetables to the dry pasta in the same pot. 

Step 6: Add Swiss and cheddar cheese. Keep mixing lightly. 

Step 7: Add salt, pepper, paprika, lemon juice, and orange zest. 


Step 8: Give it a toss and serve with some garlic bread. You can alter this recipe with your favorite vegetables and spices. You can add potatoes and tomatoes for more flavor. 

This typically serves 4, but it all depends on how hungry you are! Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment